Thursday, January 03, 2008

Eventful year 2007

Personally and Otherwise 2007 was a year I wouldn't forget in a hush.

Personally I had the big transition to work in USA along with my family, struggles to get settled and finally rooting steadily in USA is one major event in my career graph. Earlier in the year I had the opportunity to visit Netherlands for a training on Streamserve.
The move from totally Java to Streamserve is another big career move. I have to wait for a while to see if this move pays any dividends.

In between all this was the PFC movement and contributing to it by various articles. Actively contributing to PFC meant that updates to this blog becoming rare and somewhere I wanted to write one more post before 2008 broke open from its shell. As 2008 would have it, it won the race and I am sitting and writing this post in 2008.

Joining PFC and listening to all the chatter about movies, the creative surge behind the moving frames and the meaning of movies to various people was a surprisingly refreshing experience.
moving to USA and hectic holiday schedules for the client in Richmond, VA also meant that little time for PFC too by the end of the year. This year the first resolution is better fiscal and time management. The second resolution being polishing some writing skills by ... reading more. Lets see if I am able to come up with my collection of short stories at the end of 2008.

Politically I should say the year was one of the dullest. Sivaji - the rajini movie was lacklustre barring the 15 mins of magic by mottai boss in the climax. Ameer did a good turn with Paruthiveeran which was raw and unsympathetic(surprisingly). Chennai-600028 mixed wit, ingenuity, talent and atmosphere in the right proportions to become a sleeper hit. Waiting with bated breath for Bala's "Naan Kadavul". Hopefully Ilaiyaraaja - Bala magic continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home