Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Eclipse and Model Driven Development

After a good stint with enterprise development using eclipse and its amazing set of plug-ins from open source world, it was hard not to catch the eclipse plugin development fever and that too in the company that started it all, IBM. I got transferred to a project in IBM where the daily bread and butter is eclipse plug-in development and model driven architecture. Both concepts are something that I have been familiar with, however not something that I have ventured into. Gradually growing tired of JSP, servlet and other MVC frameworks that populate the web component development world, I was yearning for a change and this is something Godsent.

Added to the project change is a role change , to that of a team lead in IBM. Amidst the learning process, there is an added challenge of finding suitable people who have eclipse plug-in development and thorough grasp of design patterns and extensive mastery over the Java programming language. So if some earnest Java developer with the above mentioned expertise happens to read the post, he/she would do better to send his/her resume to this email ID .

Getting back to my musings, I am still drinking the Thiruvasagam Nectar on a daily basis, except that now I am slowly getting to the wonderful verses of the divine poet Maniccavaasagar. Meanwhile, I happened to pick up some old Thamizh books from my grandfather's collection. One particular book that caught my attention was "Nallurai-k-Koavai" written by Mahamahopadhyaya Shri Utthamadhanapuram . V. Saaminadha Iyer, in short U.Ve.Saa or Thamizh Thaatha as he is more fondly known. This book , published in 1937 are his musings on various topics and personalities. It starts with a small story (true story) of a brahmin who did "Annadhaanam" or food charity even at the times of extreme financial hardship and how his charity saved his day on a fine day. The person was called as "Annadhaanam Iyer". U.Ve.Saa also remembers "Vandrondar chettiyar" and "Poondi Aranganaadha Mudhaliyar", an English professor who went on to write a "Kalambagam" ( a form of thamizh poem) on Kanchipuram Shri Ekambarewara swamy. There is also a historical recount of the district of Ariyaloor, which incidentally was the capital of the Pazhuvettarayars of Ponniyin Selvan fame. There are a few more chapters and I am thining of posting the entire thamizh text in this blog some day.

As I am reading this book, I am reminded that books such as these were the early forms of blogs. Interesting concept that. We can collect many more autobiographical accounts like these and publish them in blogs as blogs of people long gone. There are a collections of Bharathiyar(a 19th century nationalist Thamizh poet who lived at least 200 years ahead of his time) poems titled "Vasana kavidhaigal" i.e., prose poems. These could well be Bharathi's ideas of a blog. One particular vasana kavidhai is all about a cyclone in Madras that upset the daily life of Madrasites of that time. I would be posting that too along with my english translation soon (how soon? GOK - God Only Knows).

7 Comments:

Blogger allyssa675elmer said...

damn good blog, check out mine http://juicyfruiter.blogspot.com, comments always welcome!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous hospital debt said...

Hi V.P.Jaiganesh. Been looking around for some information to help me on my hospital debt. A friend told me your blog on Eclipse and Model Driven Development might be of some help. Need to find out more information concerning http://www.livechathelp.com. This blog does not seem to be the best of places...but no harm done in trying. Great blog though! I'll have to check you all out later. Take care!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous hospital collection accounts said...

Good day V.P.Jaiganesh. Can I get any information about credit card debt on Eclipse and Model Driven Development? Hopefully before the day is gone I can get somemore details about http://www.livechathelp.com. My friend told me I should look here but it does not seem to be a perfect match for what I need to know. I'm new to blogging but enjoy it. Take care and wish me luck.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we're the Milton Twins, Marissa and Melissa. We're the hottest, wildest, and most willing set of twins you'll ever see in your life. That's right. identical twinswith identical tastes and we're ready to share it all with you. The fun doesn't stop there, we've gotten all of our friends involved too. Boys and girls that we love to share. You just found all your fantasies in one site. So come check it out. We promise you've never seen anything like this. Milton Sisters

9:35 PM  
Anonymous website placement said...

Hello: V.P.Jaiganesh, I was looking for some information on website placement and found your site. I'm sure you know how it is when you start to read a interesting post…most time you just have to read it all. Bottom line, I've enjoyed reading your Blog. I’ve got you bookmarked for the future. I'm doing a little test to see how many people actually read these posts. So, for the next few weeks anyone who visits my Blog, I'll send a great 90+ page search engine optimization ebook! Yes, this is a not strings attached deal. Well, I’m off again in search of the info I seek . Thanks for the read!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous website placement said...

Hello: V.P.Jaiganesh, I was looking for some information on website placement and found your site. I'm sure you know how it is when you start to read a interesting post…most time you just have to read it all. Bottom line, I've enjoyed reading your Blog. I’ve got you bookmarked for the future. I'm doing a little test to see how many people actually read these posts. So, for the next few weeks anyone who visits my Blog, I'll send a great 90+ page search engine optimization ebook! Yes, this is a not strings attached deal. Well, I’m off again in search of the info I seek . Thanks for the read!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous horse home decor said...

Hey V.P.Jaiganesh GREAT title Eclipse and Model Driven Development. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home